Since its launch in 2002, Exclusive Resorts has grown to become one of the leading destination clubs. Members, who have the options of joining either a 30-year or 10-year plan, gain access to a portfolio of more than 400 luxury residences in more than 120 destinations around the globe.
Members also enjoy an array of additional benefits, such as Gold Medallion status with Delta’s SkyMiles, access to Delta private jets, Avis Chairman’s Club membership and priority entry to a variety of restaurants. But one of the most impressive benefits of membership is access to a series of curated luxury once-in-a-lifetime vacation experiences.
In 2020, Exclusive Resorts will conduct eleven Once-in-a-Lifetime Journeys. These trips are for members only and will visit such destinations as India, New Zealand, Antarctica, and more. Participants are guaranteed a memorable experience with every detail carefully planned by Exclusive Resort’s expert staff.
Gina Bach is Vice-President of the Exclusive Resorts Experience Collection. She describes the trips as “diverse, with options for families, couples, and individuals alike.” Each year, when planning the roster of trips, Bach and her team are careful to gather feedback from members, to learn where they would most like to visit. These Once-in-a-Lifetime Journeys are, Bach says, “ways to enhance and enrich our members’ lives.”
The 2020 Once-in-a-Lifetime Journeys roster includes the following trips:
- Antarctica. (12 days, $695-4,795 depending on cabin type). Bid farewell to 2020 and hello to 2021 aboard the National Geographic Orion. Naturalists will share their specialized knowledge with passengers during whale watching excursions and hikes to penguin colonies.
- Armenia and Georgia. (9 days, $550 per person). Guided walks and cultural activities will introduce travelers to these two countries that remain off the radar of many tourists.
- Australia and New Zealand. (12 days, $895 per person). Jet boats, helicopter rides, and mountain hikes are just a few of the many opportunities for outdoor adventure.
- Botswana. (8 days, $2,995 to 12,995 depending on tent type and size). This safari includes bushwalks in the Kalahari Desert, wildlife drives, and opportunities to see the plentiful wildlife of the Okavango Delta.
- Brazil: Rio, Salvador, and Iguazu Falls. (10 days, $850 per person). In addition to visiting the world-famous falls and seeing some wonderful colonial architecture, members will also get an exclusive behind the scenes glimpse of Rio’s renowned Carnival.
- Holy Land. (11 days, $295 per person). Float in the Dead Sea, hike Mount Masada, and explore the region’s history with Israeli and Palestinian guides on this trip that is designed to offer a “dual narrative”.
- India and Nepal. (12 days, $795 per person). The vibrant colors and landscapes of both countries will be a highlight for trip participants.
- Mendoza, Argentina. (5 days, $595 per person). Visit the private vineyards of The Vines Resort & Spa during the wine harvest. Other activities will include horse-riding and workshops on local grilling techniques.
- Rhine Cruise. (9 days, $495-1,595 depending on cabin type). Travel through Switzerland, France, Germany, and the Netherlands aboard the Crystal Debussy, and enjoy a selection of exclusive short excursions.
- Uganda and Rwanda. (11 days, $1,350 per person). See gorillas, chimpanzee, and lions in the wild.
- Around the World by Private Jet. (See below).
Group size for each trip ranges from 12 for the journey to view gorillas to 100 for the cruises. Some trips are offered several times throughout the year, while others are offered just once.
Pricing varies according to destination, and Members may pay using a combination of the Exclusive Resorts days and cash. Each Once-in-a-Lifetime Journey is all inclusive with the exception of travel to and from the start and end destinations, visas, insurance, and any personal expenses.
Around the World by Private Jet
The February 27, 2020 departure of Around the World by Private Jet will be operated by National Geographic Partners Chicago, the tour operations branch of National Geographic, on flights operated by Icelandair.
Over 24 days, 75 travelers, accompanied by National Geographic experts, will visit 11 countries and 12 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Stops include Easter Island, the Great Barrier Reef, Jordan, Peru, India, Nepal, Morocco, Tanzania, Bhutan, and Samoa. All flights will be on a private, luxury Boeing 757 and accommodations will be five-star hotels and National Geographic’s Unique Lodges of the World. The Around the World by Private Jet Journey requires 10 Exclusive Resorts Plan Days and costs an additional $85,000 per person.
This trip is currently sold out with a waiting list.
All Once-in-a-Lifetime Journeys are only available to Exclusive Resorts Members.