Exclusive Resorts has recently announced the latest additions to its "Once in a Lifetime" program. Members can reserve these trips now for travel in 2010.
The program was launched a couple of years ago to provide Exclusive members with further travel options beyond the clubs homes. In the words of Exclusive the goal of the program is "bringing you and your loved ones closer to the people, cultures, and natural beauty of the world." The trips vary from year to year and Exclusive describes them as "Hassle-free adventures, custom designed by the club, allow you to relax, share time together, and experience the many unique highlights that make each journey special."The 2010 program consists of the following 6 different locations, with Exclusives own overview of the trips:
- Rocky Mountains - "A private, members-only family ski and mountain adventure at Colorado's premier Rocky Mountain guest ranch." This trip is over New Year 2010.
- Peru - "Discover the mysteries left behind by one of the world's most intriguing ancient civilizations on an intimate, personalized tour of Machu Picchu, Cusco, and the Sacred Valley." Several departure dates are available in summer 2010.
- French Countryside - "Gather with family and friends and revel in the relaxed pace of French countryside life. Savor a rich cultural experience, and of course great food and wine." There are 22 weekly departure dates in 2010.
- Northern Europe - "Sail aboard Seabourn's newest and most luxurious ship, visiting several of the Baltic Sea's most beautiful and historic ports of call." This trip is in July 2010.
- South Africa - "Treat your family to four fun-filled and fascinating days on the southern tip of the African continent in cosmopolitan Cape Town and four exhilarating days tracking the "Big Five" in world-renowned Kruger National Park." There are two trips in December 2010.
- Australia - "See the celebrated sights of Sydney and explore the Great Barrier Reef aboard an intimate and well-appointed expedition ship." This trip is in September 2010.
Prior destinations for the program have included Bhutan, the Galapagos Islands, East Africa and Mediterranean cruises.
The program works for both members and the club. For the members it allows them to have one supplier of more of their travel requirements and makes it very easy to go to places that might otherwise involve a lot of planning. For the club it lets them extend their travel portfolio beyond their hundreds of homes, and is a good way to add diverse locations without having to invest in homes. Perhaps a quote from an Exclusive member explains a large part of the appeal "It was a wonderful trip, enhanced by the wonderful company of the other ER members traveling with us. I have always wanted to go to Bhutan, and this made it really easy." Exclusive Resorts member from Colorado about the Once in a Lifetime Kingdom of Bhutan trip taken in September 2008.
Several other destination clubs offer members trips and travel options in addition to vacations at club homes. A&K Residence Club members can travel with parent company Abercrombie & Kent, Quintess offers "Q Leading Experiences" in partnership with Leading Hotels of the World.