When you choose to travel on private aircraft, there are certain benefits that you expect to receive with every flight: the convenience and time saving factors of skipping long lines at commercial aircraft gates, the higher quality of service, a greater degree of travel privacy and flexibility, and of course the air of success that accompanies private jet travel. There is no doubt that these are all hugely attractive factors, no matter which aviation company you travel with.
As the largest private aviation operator, NetJets aims to go even further, offering a huge variety of lifestyle benefits that continue long after the plane has landed. In this article, we will take a look at the many perks that come with NetJets membership.
Before looking at the extra-curricular perks, let's look at the aircraft themselves and some of the features you can enjoy when flying with NetJets.
The NetJets fleet of aircraft can cover a wide span of mission requirements. Aircraft range from the light Cessna Citation Encore, all the way up to the long range, 13 passenger Bombardier Global 6000 (pictured below). In addition, as of this year, a new In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system is being introduced to all of the company's signature series aircraft. The system, which allows for Wi-Fi, Text & Talk, on demand movies, and more, is expected to be available in all NetJets craft by the end of 2016.
NetJets sees its members as part of an exclusive family, and with this in mind, they hold a number of special members-only events throughout the year. For example, the annual NetJets Poker Invitational takes place in Las Vegas. NetJets pays for the buy-in but the players who finish in the top ten win some very lavish prizes from one of the event's sponsors. Hosted by Warren Buffett, the tournament provides a chance to meet fellow owners, while also enjoying premium entertainment.
Other events include:
- Annual sponsorship of one of the world's most prestigious art shows, Art Basel in Miami Beach. In 2014, members enjoyed a private reception at Miami's exclusive Villa Azur restaurant.
- The Masters Golf Tournament in Atlanta, GA. In addition to transporting many NetJets members to the event, the company also flies in some of the competing golfers. Members receive a host of special benefits at the event, including a private Tour Pros dinner, open Q&A with some of the golfers, and a private after-dinner concert.
- A Super Bowl BBQ with celebrities from the worlds of football and entertainment.
- Private concerts with some of the biggest names in music from Bono to Katy Perry.
Unique Travel Opportunities
Thanks to a newly-created partnership with luxury travel provider Abercrombie & Kent, NetJets owners can participate in an array of one-of-a-kind vacation opportunities around the globe. With destinations from Antarctica to Zimbabwe, members are sure to find multiple bucket list items in their portfolio. The two companies also plan to offer a series of trips for NetJets members only. One of these is a 13-day Africa trip following the Great Migration, complete with hot air balloon rides and horseback safari
Other Member Benefits
Among the many other partnerships that members may benefit from:
- MedAire 24/7 global medical support. Owners have the ability to consult with MedAire doctors and nurses 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the event of an in-flight medical issue, the NetJets flight crew connects directly with MedAire and critical care doctors who can help provide medical support.
- Luxury accommodation with Inspirato, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Wynn Hotels, and many others. Complementary stays at Jackson Hole, Vail, Sea Island, and other locations.
- Car rental with Avis, Empire CLS, and Sixt.
- Special golf packages.
Most private aviation companies will arrange ground transportation and other features of your travel, and some of the larger ones (such as Flexjet, Sentient and Wheels Up) go further and offer additional benefits. But NetJets seems to have the most comprehensive package of lifestyle perks and benefits for its owners and members.